This silent video of the 1965 Yankee Doodle Days fair in Charlemont was taken from a longer film in the Charlemont Historical Society collection. Do you recognize any of the people in the video?
The Charlemont Historical Society is a membership organization open to everyone who is interested in preserving, researching, and maintaining the local history of Charlemont, Massachusetts. When you become a member, you support
- the ongoing maintenance and preservation of the museum collection
- expanded access to the collection through digitization projects
- new programming in Charlemont
When you join, you will
- be a voting member of the Society, able to vote at the Society’s annual meeting (held in October)
- receive the Charlemont Historical Society quarterly members newsletter
- received discounted prices on all ticketed events hosted by the Society.
Memberships cost $20 per person. A PDF membership form is now on the “Join” page of this website. To become a member, please download that form and mail it with your check made out to “Charlemont Historical Society” to:
Charlemont Historical Society
PO Box 108
Charlemont, MA 01339
If you have any questions about membership or the Society, please be in touch. Thank you!
The Charlemont Historical Society will have a table at this Saturday’s Hobby Horse Bazaar. This annual holiday fair, which is a fundraiser for the Hawlemont PTO, will be held in the gym at Hawlemont Elementary School, 10 School Street, Charlemont.
We will showcase items from the collection and share information about upcoming Society activities. We also will have books and other items for sale, as well as new membership forms. Proceeds from the sale items and memberships will benefit the Charlemont Historical Society’s work. Please stop by and say hello!