One of the benefits of membership in the Charlemont Historical Society is a quarterly newsletter. The spring issue, which is in the mail now, covers
- Work we are doing to digitize the Society’s collection, making it available online for anyone to view;
- News about student volunteers who will be joining us for a community service day next week
- An overview of the theme for this year’s projects and events
- A profile of a tailor who ran a shop in the Charlemont village center during the 1800s.
- Information about sheep farming in Charlemont
- Details about upcoming Society events
Although the spring newsletter was mailed yesterday to existing members, it’s not too late to get your copy! Annual membership in the Charlemont Historical Society costs $20. Information about other membership benefits, along with a membership form, are available on the “Join” page of this website. There are a lot of exciting things going on at the Society now, and we always welcome new members. Please join us!
The Charlemont Historical Society is a membership organization open to everyone who is interested in preserving, researching, and maintaining the local history of Charlemont, Massachusetts. When you become a member, you support
- the ongoing maintenance and preservation of the museum collection
- expanded access to the collection through digitization projects
- new programming in Charlemont
When you join, you will
- be a voting member of the Society, able to vote at the Society’s annual meeting (held in October)
- receive the Charlemont Historical Society quarterly members newsletter
- received discounted prices on all ticketed events hosted by the Society.
Memberships cost $20 per person. A PDF membership form is now on the “Join” page of this website. To become a member, please download that form and mail it with your check made out to “Charlemont Historical Society” to:
Charlemont Historical Society
PO Box 108
Charlemont, MA 01339
If you have any questions about membership or the Society, please be in touch. Thank you!